20 January 2011

Yana Gupta on her Panty

Ever since the pictures of a pantyless Yana Gupta made for news, the model-turned-item girl has gone hoarse denying thatit was done for publicity.

“I totally understand if people feel it was a publicity stunt. But it was an accident. I just couldn’t sit for too long keeping my legs crossed.Besides, why would I choose an event for kids to gain publicity like that? If I wanted to do all that for publicity, I would have instead posed in a stylish, sensuous, raunchy manner for some magazine and got more attention,” she says.

Recently, the item girl (known to be a fabulous dancer) found herself out of the dance show, Jhalak Dikhla Jaa. What was her reaction?“I was upset but I’m sure that I’ll do better in the wild card round. I love dancing and I hope we get to stay on the show.”

There have been reports of her romancing her choreographer Salman Khan. “I’m still healing from my past relationship. I’m very much single and want to remain that way for some time. Asfor my relationship withSalman, we are just very good friends,” says Gupta.

She’s one of the item girls, whose dance numbers like 'Babujee dheere chalo' is still considered to be among the most foot-thumping. Why have there been no item numbers from her side for so long? “I have just done an item number recently. And you’ll get to see that soon. Besides, how can I keep away from item numbers? They are like an investment. If my song is a hit, it translates into more dance show offers, stage-shows and tours. Right now, topping my priority list is acting. And I am concentrating on that,” informs the actress.

But before we see Gupta the actress, there’s Gupta the musician who’s set for another album. “I love singing, playing the guitar and flute, and I want to explore that further. I plan to release my album and I am working on it with a UK-based company,” she informs.

Popular Posts