26 January 2011

Sherlyn Chopra

Sitting in the hotel lobby and waiting for one glance of the hottest girl of tinsel town known as ‘Bikini Babe’, I was just wondering about just what’s so special in her. Abruptly someone came closer to me and said, ” Excuse me, you can go in.”






I made my way towards her room and the moment I entered I couldn’t take my eyes off her. The bikini babe was dressed up in deep-necked, short dress showing her cleavage and revealing the secrets of her beauty




The model-turned-actress is the latest hot bimbo in Bollywood and will not let anything come in her way of fame and name, certainly not clothes. The outrageous new bikini babe of Bollywood, Sherlyn Chopra was out here to sizzle the city beautiful with her mesmerizing looks. Here are some excerpts from the interview in which she shares her real life facts with Gauri Sharma.




Tell me something about your roots?

I belong to Hyderabad and I am part Christian part Muslim with a Persian ancestry and a Punjabi surname. You can call me ‘Miss Andhra Pradesh’ too. That was my first step into the glamour world which boosted my confidence.




Punjabi surname??? I m confused…

(Laughs)…That doesn’t matter in any case because the multiple lines of lineage will never come in my way and stop me from achieving my goals.




How did you enter Bollywood?




After the title of Miss Andhra Pradesh I came to Bombay, I was very inexperienced. But naiveté is not a virtue, just like honesty is not a virtue in Bollywood. If one has to succeed and rule there is no place for blunders and weakness. I have started with few of B grade movies but decided to go further.





What’s the story behind the name change?




Actually my real name is Sherlyn only but people in industry asked me to keep some media friendly name in Hindi so I opted for Mona because it’s quiet a common name but later on I decided to go back with my real name. I wanted to be a person who believes in herself.




Why do you have a craze for bikinis only?

It’s nothing like a craze. I mean, some like saris some like jeans I like to wear bikinis. I feel at peace and at ease in the bikini. This is the best attire for women to put on. I feel like a superwoman in this and don’t find anything wrong in it at all. I am ready to strip from head-to-toe in front of camera and not afraid of any one including the censor board.




Are Indian people are going to accept it?


Indian people are hypocrites. Those who are open-minded will appreciate it and those who can’t say so openly, actually also want to see this only. I am not bothered about any one because it’s my own desire to make a remarkable journey in this industry.




Why albums first instead of movies?

I wanted to do something sexual and sensual. I was desperate to make myself a brand and I think that movies are time consuming and through them you cannot really make a splash. Today with my two hot video albums I am able to establish myself in the hot bikini babe image.




Say something about Dard-e-Sherlyn and about Hemaji’s remarks?

Dard-e-sherlyn is all about me. It’s just a tribute to Hema Malini ji because of her old song ‘Dard’ otherwise it’s nothing to do with her.




I don’t know why she has got so upset with this. In this song I have revealed myself only.




Your upcoming projects?

I am coming in a Yash Raj film, playing the role of a supermodel. I haven’t decided what to do next because I don’t want to be just an actress. I have more talent to show.




What will be your last desire?

To die in Bikini!!! (Giggles)…. because that’s my identity. I want that people should always remember me as bold, daring, and sensational sex bomb image. I am not ashamed of showing my skin.



What will you prefer arranged, love marriage or live-in-relationship?

Surely I will go in for a live-in-relationship. Coz there will be no tension of making up divorce papers and I will be free to do what ever I want to do.



What kind of man you would prefer to be with?

Hmmm… he should be in 90’s and of course a billionaire. (Laughs)



What’s the dissimilarity between you and Mallika Sherawat?

Mallika and I are absolutely poles apart from each other. She adores her body and wants to be every man’s fantasy and thinks she is very sexy too. But I am totally opposite from her.



I want to be a superwoman and want to show exactly what I am. When you reveal your inner self truly only then can you get successful enough to make your image, yours forever, not by pretending.



And it’s same with all the other Bollywood actresses who have double standards. They are also dying to be in a bikini for more publicity but they just pretend to have an image of a ‘clean’ actress. I am not like that coz I am daring.



Why did you reject Big Boss’ offer?

No. I never wanted to be in the reality show. To ask for 3 crores and installing cameras in the bathroom was just a way to say ‘no’ to them. These conditions made it easy for me to escape from them.



Do you access Internet? Have you ever visited Santa Banta.Com?

Yaa, I access internet often and love to surf. I know Santa Banta.com very well and glad to see my wallpapers over there. I am thankful to Santa Banta that they made me so popular with net friendly people.



In one line about Sherlyn:

‘Outrageous’! I should be given a medal for being so daring and outrageous.








first promotional tour for her new album ‘Dard-e-Sherlyn’ and charming fans in Kolkata and Hyderabad, the singer and actress Sherlyn Chopra made an appearance at Club Voodoo in Chandigarh this week.




But what surprised everyone is that Sherlyn who had a tight security of eight bouncers besides the stage and four civil-dress security men in the audience in Kolkata as well as Hyderabad, refused any in Chandigarh.




“Sherlyn told me she refused security as she felt safe in the company of robust Sardars whom she considers very gentlemanly people,” informed her publicist Dale Bhagwagar. “She also admires Sardars as she believes they have the best physiques in our country,” he added.




It can be recalled that Sherlyn’s show organisers had panicked earlier about the bold and flamboyant girl wearing her bikini top along with her golden hot pants that she has famously worn in the new superhit video of her remix album.




Apart from expecting trouble from unruly crowds due to the skimpy attire, the organisers had felt it was very risky for her to wear the bikini top as it is actually studded with a couple of real diamonds on the sides.




Inspite of being half-Persian and half-Christian, Sherlyn mysteriously carries a Punjabi surname – Chopra. Wonder if her trust in Sardars has anything to do with that!


Popular Posts